Do you have a strategy for your investment property?
A number of investment owners don’t consider what their long-term goals are for this property.
Take a few minutes to read this page, and we will show you how.
First of all, let me briefly introduce us. Ripe Property Noosa is a boutique agency covering the Sunshine Coast. We specialise in managing properties just on the Sunshine Coast. We are not like other real estate agencies, who treat their property management section as “not important” or who focus entirely on their sales.
You and your property are important to us.
Have you ever felt like you don’t know what’s going on with your property? Have you had problems getting answers from your property manager? Or even getting in touch with them? If you’ve answered yes to any of these questions, the chances are your property is managed by a real estate agency that is focused on sales, not property management.
This is because most real estate agencies generate their income from selling houses. As a result, their property management services, particularly when it comes to finding tenants for your property, is not very effective.
What is your Property Strategy?
Before you approve a new tenant, have you worked out the strategy for your investment property?
There are so many issues that need to be thought out:
- Do I intend to sell the property in the next two years?
- Should I do some upgrading of the property before a new tenant is approved, and would this bring in more rent or a better tenant?
- Do I have good professional photos of the property as a backup, if I decide to sell when the tenant is in situ?
- No plans to sell? Why not advertise your property with a long lease option to attract a long-term renter?
- Is your property pet-friendly to attract a family?
- For outside maintenance, do you have a program for gutters, fences and trees?
- Have you considered replacing older appliances with a reasonably priced appliance package before the old ones break down and you start spending good money on repairs?
- When did you last check the air conditioners and hot water service?
- Prevention maintenance is an insurance against weekend breakdowns and expensive callouts.
- Do you have a depreciation schedule on the property?
- Does your landlord insurance cover the loss of rent? (Many don’t and you may find out the hard way!)
Don't take our word for it
Darren Cormick from Victoria
Trevor & Claire Bielski from Victoria
D & G Dean
Here’s why we can manage your investment better and maximise your rental return:
- We specialise in property management. We are not a traditional real estate agency, whose core focus is on selling properties, NOT renting them.
- Our boutique property management team devote 100% of their time, energy and passion to doing one thing extremely well, we are simply better at what we do
- We will inspect your property and plan a strategy for you, so it will help you to budget your maintenance
- We will identify issues that should be prioritised, saving costly callouts
- A safety check can be carried out by an independent company. Contact us for pricing, this is great for older homes and risk management!
Property management is all about establishing relationships, but more than that, it is also about maintaining the value of your investment.
If you are concerned about your property and don’t have a strategy, contact us today.